Interested in joining our team? We are not always actively looking for specific positions but if you feel you have something to contribute to SVS, we are always interested in hearing from you. At the moment, we are looking to fill the following position(s):
Field Applications Engineer
SVS Ltd is a technology sensing company providing innovative incident detection and traffic survey solutions into the road and rail transport sector. Using technologies such as Video Analytics, LIDAR, Radar, Audio and ANPR systems which are processed through computer algorithms we can provide management information and detection in real time.
As these technologies are mostly hardware you will be working on a wide variety of projects in the office and providing technical support and backup on site to customers.
You will be responsible for undertaking a wide range of site installations from one or more technologies and making a complete system work for our customers.
You will be responsible for delivering, implementing and supporting intelligent transport and video analytic based security systems.
This job will involve a significant amount of offsite working for which company vehicles will be provided.
You will be responsible for:
- Presenting the proposed solutions to the clients over the telephone and face to face and explaining the industry jargon in a clear, confident and concise manner.
- Designing, building and testing hardware and software for inclusion into systems both at our facility and on site. Installing and maintaining systems.
- Problem solving both before and during installation.
- Ensuring that during on site project work customer requirements are met wherever feasible. Providing professional and competent pre and post-sales support to customers.Writing and delivering documentation, application guides, manuals etc.
- Training the clients staff on the operation and maintenance of the systems. Supporting colleagues with internal IT issues.
- Any other duties as required to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the business.
You will be responsible for maintaining a good standard of work and working within the required method statements for specific tasks.
Qualifications: BTEC level 4 Diploma / Bachelor degree in: Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or similar subject.
Experience Computer Networking over local and WAN networks including 3G / Wireless PC hardware, software and Operating System troubleshooting (Windows and Linux)Basic software development skills (Scripting / .NET / C++)Good prototype assembly skills.
Additional Advantageous skills (not essential):
- Installing and commissioning computer based systems.
- Image Processing or CCTV experience.
- Experience of roadside working in an HA/Local Authority environment.
- Traffic Management experience.
- Basic Health & Safety / First Aid qualifications.
- VISIO / CAD drawing experience.
- IPAF 3a & 3b/PASMA qualified.
- CSCS card holder.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- Flexible and positive attitude
- Good problem solver
- Ability to multitask and cope with deadline pressures
- Happy working at height either from a ladder or MEWP
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £22,000.00 to £26,000.00 /year
Licence: Full UK Driving Licence (Required - maximum 3 points)